Well... at least the word grey:)
Grey (the colour) goes with almost everything and for almost every occasion. Maybe that's why it is considered the safest colour. Maybe that's why most of us have a closet full of grey clothes. The problem begins when all of those items look the same. Boredom! It's easy to disappear.
That's why I dare to say, grey is one of the most difficult colours to wear.
If your closet is full of grey clothes, no need to panic. Here are a couple of things you can try out to pull off a grey outfit and not look like mr. nobody (just don't apply all of them at the same time cause you may overdo it):
1. Play with texture. Combine cotton with wool, silk, leather and whatever you can find...
2. Mix different shades and patterns.
3. Mix lengths (short top layered with a long blazer or jacket and vice versa).
4. If possible, break it with black or white (I'm sure you have something like that in your closet). It can be a white t-shirt or black socks.
5. Accessorize. If you can't fulfil any of the above points, go bold with accessories (that also means shoes and bag).
6. Apply a nice bold lipstick (but not a black or blue one).
7. Wash your hair before leaving home (!). It's really hard to pull off a grey outfit with greasy hair;)